The Illinois DEC, the U.S. Commercial Service, and other organizations sponsor a broad range of events to help you learn more about exporting and how to develop international sales.
Illinois District Export Council presents:
International Trade Expo Day
The One-Stop “Shop” for Exporting
WHEN: November 15, 2022
WHERE: The Drake Oak Brook – Autograph Collection, 2301 York Road, Oak Brook, IL 60523
TIME: Presentations 11:00am – 5:00pm; followed by Networking Reception 5:00 – 7:30pm
The Illinois District Export Council (ILDEC), which encourages and supports exports that strengthen individual companies and stimulate U.S. economic growth, welcomes current and prospective exporters to an event that will grow your export business.
This event is for you if you:
- Have a service or product that is or can be exported.
- Have an idea that you would like to take from concept to completion and then to export.
- Want to learn about financing and insuring international transactions at a very low rate.
- Want to find mentors that can guide you through the steps of exporting.
- Want to find new international markets.
- Come from an under-served or -represented group and need help to get started or grow.
- Produce or manufacture products, machines or services which qualify as U.S. made.
- Represent a geographical region that needs assistance to export.
- Learn about the resources of the Illinois District Export Council and the National Association of District Export Councils. We will connect attendees from outside of Illinois with reciprocal programs in your state.
- The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity will present the variety of grants, guidance and educational programs available to support and increase exports.
- The US Commercial Service, the trade promotion arm of the US Department of Commerce, will present
- Services for identifying offshore customers for your products and services.
- Illinois Small Business Development Centers are located throughout the state and provide information, confidential business guidance, training, and other resources, such as export assistance, for start-ups and existing small businesses.
- Keynote speakers on Illinois’ exporting prowess.
- Banking experts will discuss export programs and financing services.
- Case studies and success stories of Illinois’ small and medium sized exporters.
- Exhibit tables of exporters and export service providers.
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- State of Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity
DEC Events: Of necessity in 2020, the Illinois DEC and other DECs around the country were unable to host live events, and began producing more online programs. Many of these excellent “local” DEC programs are now being offered nationwide. To learn more about such events, click here. The National DEC also sponsors events, several of which are recorded and offered for viewing on-demand. To learn more click here.
U.S. Commercial Service Events: The USCS organizes hundreds of domestic and overseas trade events each year, and often complements them with related seminars, business match-making, and export counseling. It also maintains an excellent online event database, which you can search by topic, industry, and country. Well worth a look!
Illinois Department of Commerce Events: The Office of Trade and Investment within this Department organizes several trade events and trade missions each year. These are often supported by the state’s six overseas offices. OTI also provides direct support to many companies under its STEP Program. For more information email TradeAndInvestment@Illinois.com, or call 312-814-2828.
Illinois Department of Agriculture Events: IDA sponsors a number of events each year for food and agricultural products, often in collaboration with the USDA. Participation in these events may be partially subsidized under the state’s iSTEP Program, and various other programs including the USDA funded Market Access Program.